There is no real shortcut to obtain adequate funding for a comprehensive blue island programme. Cost benefit analyses have to be undertaken and the following general steps followed:
1. Identify key island issues affecting marine habitat (acquatrail analysis and reporting undertaken by qualified scientists)
2. Present the findings to your island inhabitants for their information and engagement
3. Obtain quotations from expert advisors/contractors/suppliers for each project to be undertaken
4. Identify and assign required sources of funds mixed between taxes, loans and inbound investments
5. Apply for external funding (which organisations/banks? where?)
6. Draw down phased funding and have accountable project management for each project
Aside from Step 1. – which The Going Blue Foundation and Marine Positive Ltd. can undertake for you – we can introduce other entities and experts to fulfill the other tasks if this is useful to you.